Orion editors have been out and about this spring, speaking at a number of conferences and events:
• In March, Executive Director Chip Blake gave a talk at the Southern Environmental Law Center on the relationship between literature and activism, as part of the Virginia Festival of the Book.
• In April, Executive Editor Hal Clifford took part in a panel at the annual conference of the American Society of Journalists and Authors in New York City
• In April, Editor Jennifer Sahn served on a roundtable discussion at the Juniper Literary Festival in Amherst, Massachusetts
• Jennifer was a featured speaker at the Environmental Writers’ Conference in Honor of Rachel Carson in Boothbay Harbor, Maine in June
• In early June Hal gave a talk on sustainability to 170 employees of the Olympus Surgical & Industrial America in New Jersey (see fuller description in an earlier post)
• Chip was the keynote speaker at the Environmental Leadership Program’s Celebration of Leadership in June.
• and today Picture Editor Jason Houston is in New York, speaking at a gathering of recent graduates of the International Center for Photography.
In upcoming staff travels, Jennifer will be a presenter at the Kentucky Womens Writers Conference in September; In October, Managing Editor Tara Miner will attend the annual conference of the Society of Environmental Journalists in Roanoke, Virginia; Jason will be a panelist at the Art + Environment Conference at the Nevada Museum of Art in October; and Chip will be the keynote speaker at Confluence: A Celebration of Reading and Writing in Moab, Utah, in October.