Inside the issue, you’ll find the following:
• Casey Lyons finds unlikely inspiration in 90210‘s Luke Perry, who wore a burial suit designed to compost his body.
• Ross Gay celebrates pickup basketball, a game in which strangers commune on land they don’t own.
• Sujatha Fernandes describes the power of maintaining presence in the fight against coal mining on Indigenous land.
• Lacy Johnson finds unsettling connections between the ownership of land and the ownership of people as she considers the history of the longleaf pine.
• Sandra Cisneros reflects on the inextricable connection between the land she inhabits and the work she produces.
Find the full Table of Contents for the Autumn issue right here.